Saturday, July 07, 2007

Guest Review: The Red Bee on Wonder Woman #10

As some of you have noticed, while I review a lot of comic books here at Every Day Is Like Wednesday, I don't review every comic book. Why not? Mainly because I don't read every single comic book that comes out. I would if I could, but there are only so many hours in a day, and so many dollars in my bank account, so I try to read and review only the ones that publishers and creators send me for review...and/or the ones I like enough to buy and read anyway.

Occassionally this means that a big "event" type book from one of the Big Two will come out and get nary a mention, as happened last week with Wonder Woman #10, the final issue of Jodi Picoult's historic (but also short and disastrous) run.

From what I understand, it was an important chapter in the ongoing "Amazon Attacks!" crossover story.

Well, just because I personally dropped the book four months back, that doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to read quality comics criticism of it here at EDILW, which is why I'm enlisting our very first special guest critic to review Wonder Woman #10 for you this week.

Ladies and gentlman, please welcome Mr. Richard Raliegh, better known as The Red Bee!

(Oh, and if you have any trouble "hearing" him, just click on the panels).

























Ahem.
















5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait until he finds out about the female Red Bee that reaplaced him in the last Freedom Fighters mini

Anonymous said...

That was one of the greatest things ever.

Caleb said...

Dumma,

The Red Bee picked up the first issue of USatFF, saw he wasn't in it, and decided to skip the whole series, thinking he might catch up on it in trade if it's at his local library in a few months (He doesn't want to financially support DC's decision to release FF comics without him in them). If the Superior City Public Library does indeed order the trade, he'll probably check it out, and I may invite him back to review it then...as long as he aplogizes for releasing the bees during the course of this review.


Anon.,
I disagree with your definition of greatest, but since you applied it to something I had a hand it, I'll let it pass.

Anonymous said...

Well, since I'm grandfathered in on that one, I'll safely agree--this was the greatest! Nice work, Caleb. Enjoying the ice cream series, as well!!

Nerites said...

BWAHAHAHAHA

I LOVE YOUR BLOG AND LOVE YOUR ICE-CREAM STORIES, BUT THIS ONE ROCKED!