Friday, June 19, 2009

My latest comic book character crush: Magic Trixie's cousin Tansy

Magic Trixie is a cute-as-a-button little witch who lives with her parents, little sister, grandparents and cat friend Scratches in a house above her mom's cafe, Elixir. Her cousin Tansy works there, and Tansy is dope.

As you can see, she's obviously quite beautiful, and has a cool look which says "Yes, I'm a witch, but I'm not just a witch."



She has a pretty boss ride, a flying broom with branch-like handle bars.

And, of course, her job is working in a cafe, which serves delicious-looking food. Doesn't your mouth water just looking at those pancackes? And check this cake out:


Tansy will make some lucky warlock very happy some day.



(The above images are scanned from Jill Thompson's Magic Trixie Sleeps Over, with the exception of the pancake one, which was taken from Magic Trixie's blog. Like Magic Trixie Vol. 1, Magic Trixie Sleeps Over is a very good, gorgeously illustrated all-ages comic which I highly recommend. A third volume, Magic Trixie and the Dragon, is scheduled for release next week)

2 comments:

Hdefined said...

"As you can see, she's obviously quite beautiful, and has a cool look which says 'Yes, I'm a witch, but I'm not just a witch.'"

It says, "I'm also a shopper at Hot Topic."

Unknown said...

Thanks! I'm glad Tansy has fans! I love her too!! I wanted Magic Trixie to have a cool older girl to look up to.- Jill Thompson