Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Happy Birthday To Me

So today was my birthday, meaning I am one year older, my mind and body bear the ravages of one more year's worth of entropy and I'm one year closer to my inevitable death. On the bright side, I get cake and presents.

Presents like this beauty, maybe my favorite birthday present of all time (I say "maybe" because, in my dotage there's a good chance I've forgotten a previous, more awesome birthday present). Now, that's not actually a genuine copy of 1940's Hit Comics #1 from long-defunct publisher Quality Comics, featuring the first appearance of The Red Bee, the single greatest superhero from the Golden Age of superhero comics (After Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Captain Marvel, Plastic Man, Namor, The Human Torch and Captain America, of course).

But it is the next best thing, a reproduction of 1940's Hit Comics #1, featuring the first appearance of The Red Bee! It's all the better a gift because I didn't know such a thing existed, and have always assumed I would never be able to read any of The Red Bee's original comic book adventures until I became an eccentric millionaire able to afford Golden Age back issues.

I can't tell you how excited I am to read this Red Bee adventure. Why, I'm practically abuzz.

Get it? Abuzz? Bee jokes!

6 comments:

Preston Do said...

Happy birthday! I sincerely hope we get a review of Hit Comics coming up now, you better beelieve I'll bee there.

SallyP said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you get a shirt with puffy sleeves, just like the Red Bees!

Michael Hoskin said...

Happy bee-rthday!

I too would enjoy reading your review of Hit Comics.

David Charles Bitterbaum said...

Congrats on getting older, it seems like something everyone does!

Duffs said...

Happy birthday! Looks like you've got a Hit on your hands!

Marco R. said...

Feliz cumpleaƱos!