Thursday, October 01, 2009

I can't really find anything to complain about in the preview for Cry For Justice #4

DC's The Source blog has just posted a brief preview of the latest issue of James Robinson's and Mauro Cascioli's Justice League: Cry For Justice, and after eagerly reading through it to see what hilarious and/or depressing nonsense this one might include, I was disappointed.

There was absolutely nothing along the lines of Justice League founder Hal Jordan complaining about the way the Justice League has always been run (sometimes by him), or a bunch of middle-aged dudes staring at teenage Supergirl's breasts, or Jordan and a bunch of super heroes torturing a guy for information, or talk of Jordan's threesome with two superheroines.

No. There is nothing hilariously/depressingly awful about these preview pages at all.

Oh sure, I guess you could complain about the gratuitous panty shot on the teenage alien Miss Martian, but that's really just par for the course with super-comics these days, so it doesn't really seem comparable to what's come before in the series. One might as well complain about the poor page lay-out of the page that panel's part of (try reading the speech balloons in the right order in panels three and four), or the fact that Clayface did such a good job of impersonating Prometheus that he/she/it somehow fooled the almost-microscopically small Atom (Clayface had to be disguised on, like, a cellular level, right?).

Based on the previews alone then, it looks like Cry For Justice #4 will be the best issue of the whole series. It's due out next week; buy two copies!

4 comments:

Debaser said...

I honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Kid Kyoto said...

Well we do have an attempted rape right there on page 1, so it's not like Robinson has totally lost his touch.

Caleb said...

I honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not

My greatest fear is that one day, I won't be able too either. Well, actually, my greatest fear is that one day, I won't be able too tell if I'm being sarcastic or not, and then I'll end up like that guy in Metallica's "One" video, and then I'll be eaten alive by mice.

Caleb said...

Well we do have an attempted rape right there on page 1,

The bit with Miss Martian? Based on the dialogue, I assumed the monster guy was just going to kidnap the girl.