Thursday, September 04, 2014

Meanwhile...

I have two reviews up at School Library Journal's Good Comics For Kids blog this week. One is of Fantagraphics' new(-ish) softcover presentation of Charles Schulz's The Complete Peanuts Vol. 1: 1950-1952. I will never get used to how goddam cute Snoopy was at the dawn of that strip. The other is of the latest in Bongo Comics' generally pretty excellent One-Shot Wonders series, Kang & Kodos. I'm not much of a Simpsons fan anymore, but you can't really go wrong with Bongo's Treehouse of Horror annuals and One-Shot Wonders books, depending on which character is featured and how much you like that character, of course.

And over at Robot 6, I reviewed all of the Futures End one-shots I got this week, which was only five of them (they published 10 of the 42 they announced this week). That still seemed like a whole lot, but hey, how about that Grayson special, huh? That was some good stuff.

No comments: