Thursday, September 11, 2014

Meanwhile...

I had two pieces at Robot 6 this week, if you're looking for some Caleb-written material to read tonight.

The first was a review of the Monte Beauchamp book Masterful Marks: Cartoonists Who Changed the World, which consists of 16 comics-format biographies of some of the most influential cartoonists of different varieties of all time, told by a fairly all-star roster of contributors. Whether you read my review of it or not, you should definitely read that book. It is good.

The other R6 piece was another handful of reviews of a handful of DC's Futures End one-shots, which this week were pretty uniformly Not Very Good and, rather surprisingly, contradictory of each other and/or Futures End (Also? Poorly edited. I was kinda surprised to find typos in more than one DC book this month).

I also had a review at Good Comics For Kids this week, of Kevin Sherry's The Yeti Files: Meet The Bigfeet. That is a comics-format book about Bigfoots and other cyrptids written and drawn by a children's book author, so I'm pretty much it's ideal demographic, despite the fact that I am not a little kid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The real question is, have you read 'Wild's End' yet? (Boom! Studios, Dan Abnett & I.N.J. Culbard)