Friday, August 06, 2010

Larfleeze has a really nice writing desk.

One of my favorite panels from the new-ish comics I read this week is the above one from Green Lantern #56.

It's drawn by Doug Mahnke and Christian Alamy, and features Green Lantern Hal Jordan confronting Orange Lantern Larfleeze, the latter of whom is busily at work writing letters to Santa on a beautiful, antique writing desk. A desk like that is one of those things I've always wanted but will never actually want enough to spend money better spent on comics and food on; something for my When I Win The Lottery (Which Will Occur Sometime After I Star Playing The Lottery) Wish List.

Mahnke has designed and drawn really great-looking one for Larfleeze there. I want one just like it. In fact, I think I want that one. I...OH MY GOD I THINK THE ORANGE LIGHT OF AVARICE IS INFECTING ME!!!

3 comments:

Sea-of-Green said...

I agree -- I LOVED that panel. Worth the price of the book alone!

Randal said...

Yeah, but who he was writing to was brilliant.

SallyP said...

Doug Mahnke's artwork was simply stunning in this issue. Not that it's not ALWAYS stunning...but man, he really did a beautiful job. I also love the picture of Hal just floating and staring at all the STUFF Larfleeze has accumulated.