Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Here is a Ward Sutton drawing making that connection you've probably heard a thing or two about.

So apparently the Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney-as-Dark Knight Rises villain Bane-based-on-the-fact-that-he-used-to-work-for-an-evil-company-homonymously-named-"Bain" thing has become a thing (Here's Robot 6 and ComicsAlliance on that very subject, for example).

That this thing became a thing is thanks, I guess, to Rush Limbaugh and/or John Stewart and/or some combination of the two.

At any rate, I thought now would be a good time to re-link to this collection of Ward Sutton images featuring Romney as comics characters, including the above image.

It was originally posted on June 24; does that mean Sutton was first to the Bane/Bain party...?

At any rate, it's a swell drawing, as are all of Sutton's drawings, and there are several more at the link (I like the Richie Rich and Plastic Man ones the best; I believe I've already mentioned which two comics characters Romney reminds me of the most, though).

No comments: