Thursday, November 15, 2012

Meanwhile, at Robot 6...

I wrote a few million more words about Fantastic Four #1, in the context of the book as part of Marvel's "Marvel NOW!" initiative. You can go read those millions of words here, if that's the sort of thing you're into.

Reading through the comments that were posted so far, I see that someone noticed a pretty dramatic error in the script: When diagnosing a mysterious injury, Reed "Mr. Fantastic" Richards says that it looks like the unstable molecules that gifted the Fantastic Four with their powers are starting to break down, and may ultimately kill them. In actuality, the FF's "unstable molecules" refers to the material that their costumes are made out of, and was long ago given as an explanation as to how their costumes can stretch, and turn invisible and appear and disappear when one flames on and off, I guess. The Fantastic Four themselves are not made out of unstable molecules.

Makes me feel extra silly for worrying about when dinosaurs became extinct in the Marvel Universe but missing that. But I guess I shouldn't feel too bad about it; I'm just some guy critiquing the book, it's not like I was paid a large amount of money to write the story or edit the book or anything...

No comments: