Thursday, March 14, 2013

Meanwhile...

Today at Robot 6, I have a review of Steve Ditko's Monsters Vol. 1: Gorgo, a Craig Yoe-curated collection of all the Ditko-drawn portions of Charlton's 1961-65 series, based on the pretty terrible giant monster movie that was the subject of an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000.

As I mentioned, I was looking for any Objectivist subtext in any of the stories, but came up empty. The only politics of any kind came in this one story, wherein--well, check this panel out:
Talk about a one-issue party! Death to Gorgo and his mother! I wish I knew the name of their pary: The Death-to-Gorgo-crats? The Gorgo Death Party...? What?

Earlier in the week I reviewed Barry's Best Buddy, Renee French's new Toon Books book, at Good Comics For Kids.

Also at Good Comics For Kids this week, I participated in a roundtable discussing Brian Michael Bendis and Sara Pichelli's Ultimate Comics Spider-Man Vol. 1.

No comments: