Friday, February 19, 2010

Three pretty clever gags from Super Friends #24

1.) Mr. Mind's conveyance


2.) Taking Superman's frequent self-referential in-joke about once boasting that being inflicted with potent forces like lightning only tickled him, and weaponizing it to take out Superman.


3.) A Gardner Fox name-drop. I can't be certain, but I'm pretty sure the only reason writer Sholly Fisch included Batman villains The Terrible Trio (Fox, Shark and Vulture) was so he could make this joke. And honestly, that's as good a reason as any.

6 comments:

MOCK! said...

Ooohhh...this will be waiting for me at my comic shop! Very excited!

Dean said...

Grodd and Monsieur Mallah just loathe faux-gorilla poseurs like the Ultra-Humanite.

Kid Kyoto said...

Dang it, who is that guy up and right from Mr. Mind? I know I know him but I just can't place him. I'm thinking Infantano art so he must be Flash villain...

Caleb said...

With the goggles and ascot? That's I.Q. Quimby.

Kid Kyoto said...

Of course! Who else would it be.

Brett said...

Who's the guy with the red suit with the big eye on his chest and green cape? My daughter wants to know and I can't place him.