Saturday, January 03, 2015

Meanwhile...

The last post I posted was my somewhat half-assed participation in the annual "Best of The Year" ritual, with a list of my top 13 comics of 2014. You can read that post here, if you like (or you could, you know, just scroll down, like, an inch. I also participated in a far, far better best-of-the-year list, which I think may be the best of the best-of lists: Comics Alliances. So, if you haven't already, I'd highly recommend you check out The Wolverine Memorial Awards, The Archie Andrews Memorial Awards, The Gwen Stacy Memorial Awards, The Uatu The Watcher Memorial Awards and The Jean Grey Resurrection Awards. I have write-ups of Transformers Vs. G.I.Joe, The Multiversity: Thunderworld Adventures #1, Sensation Comics, The Shadow Hero and the Young Avengers story from Original Sins sprinkled among the 65-ish comics the CA staff singled out for special attention this year.

Meanwhile, in Other Places Caleb Sometimes Writes About Comics news, I have a short review of Pippi Won't Grown Up, the latest (weird, awesome) collection of Pippi Longstocking comics, up at Good Comics For Kids, if you'd like to read that.

No comments: